Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Telnet/Ping to remote Pix in VPN

Hi,

I have a VPN between 2 PIX 500's and when I try to telnet or ping the internal interface of the remote PIX it doesn't work. I can ping hosts on that remote network and from hosts on that remote network I can ping or telnet to the internal interface of that PIX. I have added the telnet (subnet of local LAN I'm telneting from accross VPN).

Since these packet should go accoss the tunnel I'd expect this to work. Please help.

Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Telnet/Ping to remote Pix in VPN

I am experiencing the same issue. I seem to recall in older versions of the PIX OS that you could allow telnet access to either the internal or external interface from you remote vpn subnet or addresses and it worked. Is the management-access command new?

How do I limit the IP addresses that are permitted access to the management interface? I used to be able to define a separate (remote vpn) subnet for management purposes and only allow that subnet telnet access.

Dan

I think management-access command came out in 6.2? Management-access only allows inside or outside for permitting management. You still need to allow telnet or ssh and specify the host or subnet to allow use. Here are examples:

telnet 10.49.6.0 255.255.255.0 inside

telnet timeout 5

management-access inside

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content