cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal settings VPN 3015

gzygadlo
Level 1
Level 1

I have two different VPN 3015 and using the terminal settings that are with the documentation for 4.7 doesn't seem to work. My settings are

Com1

N

Hardware

When I boot the vpn 3015 nothing happens. Does anybody know what the settings I should be using as I'm trying to get a new one online.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

please rate the post

according to cisco,

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

davidculp
Level 1
Level 1

It's the serial cable. Are you using the one that came with the VPN 3015 ? I had a time getting the terminal to work. Finally I found the correct cable.

Not exactly sure of the pin-outs though.

No as I can't seem to find that cable. I have other cisco cables that have a network connector on one end and the db9 connector on the other and I added the db9 connector to the end and that just won't work. I guess the pin out is wrong.

Thanks again as that makes sense.

Hi,

The console cable for a VPN Concentrator is straight-through RS-232.

You can make one of these using 2 DB9-RJ45 adaptors and a length of straight-through ethernet cable.

The usual Cisco console cable does not have the right pinout for a concentrator.

HTH

Kind Regards

Cathy

Thank you very much. I'm all set.

please rate the post

according to cisco,

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.