cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminating PIX Remote VPN clients

daniel.kline
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX firewall configured for XAUTH and want to be able to determine who is connected based on their userID and IP address. With PDM (and in command line) I can view VPN SA's by their public and assigned private IP address. How do I determine which user is associated with which IP address? I want to be able to manually terminate the user connection if desired. Can this be done?

4 Replies 4

matthew.mohan
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is possible with the Altiga VPN concentrators (3000 series), but with dynamic VPN connections on a pix, I don't (think) it is possible.

Thanx, Matt. I think it is possible with the Nortel Contivity as well, but the remote users are authenticated on the concentrator as well as an internal server (two-level auth).

SteveGodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

Sh uauth will show you the currently authenticated users (via xauth). Then show isa peer will show which user has which IP address.

Something along the lines of clear ipsec sa peer 1.1.1.1 should do the trick, but if you don't disable the xuath authentication they could just connect again.

Here's an example from our 535, IP addresses have been changed to protect the innocent ;-)

BCCCHO05F01# sh uauth

Current Most Seen

Authenticated Users 10 14

Authen In Progress 0 4

ipsec user 'A-User-somewhere' at 1.1.1.1, authenticated

access-list #ACSACL#-PIX-YouthVPN-400d82de

BCCCHO05F01# sh isa peer

Peer: 1.1.1.1

Configuration:

Refcount: 5, Configured Address: 10.29.4.2, In Use: yes,

Attributes:

There's a good discription of the clear command here http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/c.htm#wp1054048

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I'll give it a try.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: