Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Terminating Serial link on PIX-515E

I am receiving a G.703 link for my Internet link from my ISP at one of my remote offices. At my current office they provided me with an Ethernet link & hence I terminated it straight on my PIX-515E.

But in the current scenario they are just providing me with a G.703 to V.35 convertor & not a G.703 to Ethernet convertor. Does PIX-515E support serial interfaces. Frankly speaking I dont want to purchase a new Router to terminate this link. Can anyone guide me on a G.703 to Ethernet convertor. Thnx in advance.

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Terminating Serial link on PIX-515E

hi

AFAIK it doesnt support serial interface you have 2 fastethernet interfaces and can be upgraded to support 6 FE interfaces.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b15.html

i think u better think of some 3rd party products to get the G.703 signal to Ethernet.

A simple google search on the kinda converters will give the detailed info about the products from various vendors..

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.