cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tftp server and configuration

john
Level 1
Level 1

Thisa is my first setup on a cisco product\ and I recently set up a pxi 501. I want to configure the VPN settings. As this is our gateway to the net I want to be able to reload the pix with a saved configuration from the tftp server. I cannot find the commands or how the file is stored on tftp server. When I save the configuration is it saved without an extension. Thanks

1 Reply 1

yusuff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to replace the config from tftp-server in to RAM you will need two commands for this to work. Here is an example.

Lets say you have a tftp server on the inside and its IP address is 135.108.123.55 and you would like to configure the PIX so it always has knowledge of that server and the filename the config should be named.

tftp-server inside 135.108.123.55 /config

When performing a write net the running config will be pushed to the TFTP server and the filename will be called "config"

wr net

Building configuration...

TFTP write '/config' at 135.108.123.55 on interface 1

[OK]

Now lets say you would like to copy the file in TFTP server directly back into running config RAM. This can be done by typing in "configure net" from the prompt. The configure net command is dependent of the tftp-server command.

HTH

R/Yusuf