Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

The Case Of The Disapering Config Lines

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with config lines disapering from a PIX running 6.3.3? The remarks stayed but the lines that do the work are gone. The firewalls did not failover, and they have both been up for well over three months.

Just wondering.

3 REPLIES

Re: The Case Of The Disapering Config Lines

Hi -

Yes, I have definitely seen this before. It was completely baffling, because I would configure a crypto, then it would disappear from the 'sh run'. We were going to downgrade to 6.3(1), but we decided to try a reboot. It's been running fine since (about 6 months), so it's still on 6.3(3). Must be a unique combination of things that make that happen, we just chalked it up to the PIX being up too long...

Yep, it just happened to me. PIX 525, 6.3(1), hardware encryption card.

Two transform-sets just disappeared, and isakmp encryption set to des (was aes and 3des).

I suspected some kind of malicious activity until I read your posts. Anyone else know any more about this?

hi chaps.

it hasn't happened to me - but then again i dont really have VPN connects happening...

i seem to recall a BUG with an older version of the PIX code relating to crypto config being removed or not being able to be removed... perhaps this is related?

cheers

dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content