Views
Helpful
Replies

the Product Authorization Key( PAK ) of PIX firewall

ciscohelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have one pix firewall and i need to upgrade the license. It is required PAK or software serial number which was shiped with the product.But i lost it. Do you know any pix command or any way showing this information ?

Thanks and Regards.

4 Replies 4

trmccart
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The easiest thing to do is perform a 'show run' on the PIX. The serial number will be displayed in the output.

The following link will get you to the production license registration site (login required):

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

Once you login, you will notice on the registration web site that there is a link in the instance where you do not have your PAK or serial number.

Best Regards,

Troy McCarty

thanks trmccart.

the person kept the device tell that serial number displayed is like the hardware serial number, not the PAK or software number.

without PAK number, we just download the demo license. One person tell me that with cisco service, we can contact Cisco TAC so that they can help to get PAK or upgrade the license.

Best regards.

Here has been my experience: * the software serial number displayed in the 'show run' is exactly the serial number that Cisco wants, * if you enter this serial number into the Cisco tool and it does not 'recognize' the serial number then you have an entitlement issue. By entitlement, this means that you do not have Cisco SmartNet coverage or that the company from which you purchased Cisco SmartNet (or Partner branded coverage) has not update Cisco. * TAC can be of some assistance.

If you would like, as a Cisco employee, I can lookup the serial number shown in the 'show run' to find the entitlement status of your firewall. If you are interested then please send me your serial number directly to me at trmccart@cisco.com.

Best Regards,

Troy McCarty

hi trmccart,

thanks for your enthusiasm.I have checked the contract, and it is out of warranty.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card