Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Threat Response

My Threat Response software just quit working, when I went to download the install software (updates) they all say "DO NOT DOWNLOAD". What's up with that?

By the way, I get the page below when I try to launch TR:

Application Error

We're very sorry that you've encountered a problem using our website.

If you'd please report this error to our webmaster, we'll do everything we can to correct it.

Any suggestions you have for improvements will also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance...

The Cisco Systems Staff.

Please report the error below...

Error Message:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.psionic.phoenix.responder.engine.IVR.(IVR.java:209)

at com.psionic.phoenix.responder.engine.IVR.(IVR.java:146)

at com.psionic.phoenix.responder.engine.IVR.createEngine(IVR.java:2456)

at com.psionic.phoenix.responder.IvrFramework.(IvrFramework.java:82)

at jsp._index_2ejsp._jspService(_index_2ejsp.java:165)

at org.gjt.jsp.HttpJspPageImpl.service(HttpJspPageImpl.java:75)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:310)

at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet$Page.process(JspServlet.java:997)

at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet.xservice(JspServlet.java:614)

at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:500)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:310)

at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:317)

at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Copyright © 2002 Cisco Systems. All rights reserved. Legal Notice

4 REPLIES

Re: Threat Response

That is the very reason I quit using it, and went back to the simple/useless IEV.

Actually, it quit working because I had installed Microsoft's SUS server which uses IIS. Apache and IIS do not get along together on the same computer. I love CTR and what it does...it has a long way to go though. If I did not own the VMS bundle, I'd use IEV as well...but IEV leaves much to be desired in my environment. Cisco is getting better with it's software... :)

We are purchsing the VMS bundle shortly, and at that point I will attempt using CTR again, but so far my opinion has been negative of the product. The JAVA applet I needed loaded to connect to the CTR server was a different Java applet than the one for browsing to a Cisco switch. So I had to keep changing Java versions depending on what I needed to do. I opened a TAC case and they said "that's the way it is". I also had numerous Apache problems. They could've been related to other services, but this was a dedicated server just for CTR, so I doubt it. I like the concept, and in the perfect environment it's probably a great solution, but it's another piece of Cisco software that needs allot of development.

Not sure if you resolved this or not but I am able to download the update from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ctr

Also it's possible your database is corrupted. You can check to see if it is with these steps:

1) From the Windows 2000 Start Menu Start-->Run

2) Enter "cmd" in the Open drop down box Click OK

3) From the cmd.exe window enter cd C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Threat Response\mysql\bin

4) Run the following program with options mysqlcheck --user=root --check phoenix alarm

If it doesn't return the status of OK and returns the following output :

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Threat Response\mysql\bin>mysqlcheck --user=root --check phoenix alarm phoenix.alarm warning : Table is marked as crashed warning : 2 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly warning : Size of indexfile is: 132255744 Should be: 132058112 warning : Size of datafile is: 244790236 Should be: 244392740 error : Can't read key from filepos: 131244032 error : Corrupt

There was no C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Threat Response\apache\logs\error.log.* or C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Threat Response\apache\logs\access.log.*

You need to try the following repair command :

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Threat Response\mysql\bin>mysqlcheck --user=root --repair phoenixalarm Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me direct as my information is in my signature.

Views
Helpful
Replies