Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Three management interface on guard 3G mode.

We have a full license Guard module.

nowday, We made a management ip at interface giga1 only, but the issue was occured like follows;

if the giga ingerface configured for management ssh, ssl goes to full due to process the ddos traffic, the giga interface can't communicate between detector and guard, the detector will syncronize to guard module when the policy activated, but guard module can't accept the activate through ssh,because of the giga interface was down due to ddos.

If I make a three management for each giga interface, Can I prevent above scenirio? if possible, How can I configure the ssh, ssl sync? Do I make a ssh, ssl sync from detector to guard on each management ip ?

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Three management interface on guard 3G mode.

If your Guard module currently operates with a maximum bandwidth of 1 Gbps, you can upgrade the bandwidth performance to 3 Gbps by installing the XG version of the software image and corresponding software license key. The XG software image activates all three interface ports between the Guard module and the supervisor engine to data traffic and inband management traffic. The 1-Gbps software image uses only one interface port for data traffic.

Re: Three management interface on guard 3G mode.

you have to read my article carefully.

I have wrote that We have a Full license guard.

My question is like below:

We have a full license guard already.

but normaly we make a one management interface to activate ssh, ssl between guard & detector. if the interface configured management can't response due to process ddos traffic, the detector can't activate management traffic , because of interface full,

like above environment, How can I make a redundant management interface? Can I activate ssh,ssl to two management interface on one guard?

Views
Helpful
Replies