Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Throughput Issues - 2960 <-> ASA 5520

I am having some Strange issues regarding throughput between several trunked vlans when passing the ASA.

Constellation:

2960-2 (vlan 1-5) <-- trunk --> 2960-1 (vlan 1-5) <-- trunk --> ASA 5520 (Ge0/1.1-5)

As soon as flows traverse the ASA i have issues with really slow traffic (1-2Mbit max).

I already updated the ASA to the 8ED release but nothing changed.

There is a hint for the problem on the Ge Interface on 2960-1 in terms of "undersize packets"

Port Align-Err FCS-Err Xmit-Err Rcv-Err UnderSize

Gi0/2 0 0 0 4 3247978

Consulting the "Troubleshooting Switch Port and Interface Problems" guide i end up with following not so usefull info.

[quote]

This is an indication of a bad frame generated by the connected device. Verify that the connected device operates correctly.

[quote end]

Unfortunately there are no signs of interface errors on the ASA interface and the corresponding subinterfaces.

Anyone a hint how to troubleshoot this the best way or find the source of the problem.

Software Images:

ASA -> 8.0(2)

2960 -> 12.2(35)SE

Thanks for reading...

Roble

2 REPLIES

Re: Throughput Issues - 2960 <-> ASA 5520

Having a similar problem with my ASA

Getting around 100Kb/s with a 100Mbit local lan connection.. If I use my older 515E it gives me top notch speed....

Re: Throughput Issues - 2960 <-> ASA 5520

found my problem, damn switch went half-duplex on me

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content