Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Throughput problems on a PIX-506e

I have installed a PIX-506 for a company, and they have been complaining about throughput lately. Outside the PIX, I get full throughput. Inside the PIX (even plugged directly into the PIX with nothing else attached - no switch or anything), it's around 10% link capacity. I've checked interfaces on both the internal and external switch as well as the PIX. Nothing looks abnormal, with the possible exception of around 6% of the packets being deferred on the external interface. Both the internal interface of the PIX and the switch are 100 Full, and the external is plugged into a cable modem - both the outside PIX interface and the cable modem are 10 Half. The PIX is running 6.3(5). I'm out of ideas. Anybody have one?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Throughput problems on a PIX-506e

The rule of thumb is to hard code the interfaces but cable modems can not be hard set. Not all cable modems are half duplex. You can run into the problem of mismatch. A mismatch will cause very bad connections like your running into. Your better of setting the interface connected to the CM to auto. See if that helps.

Thanks,

Chad

Please rate if this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies