cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking ISDN connection time

jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any method or freeware where i can log my router ISDN connection time ?

Any suggestion/guidance are welcome.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

ali-franks
Level 1
Level 1

Try here,

http://www.isdnwatch.co.uk

Haven't actually used it myself but happened to know about it. Have no idea how it performs.

Ali

Thanks Ali.

By the way, since you are from Telco i have a question to ask you. If is it not convenient to answer this, is OK.

How the Telco company 'track' the ISDN connection time and charge to the client?

Thanks

That's a hell of a question - not my domain but..

.. believe that the call details are sent from the concentrators/ISDN platform to a Sun server then the billing package FTP's the details to another server during the night where it is ripped apart by some other application and charged accordingly.

That's all I can say I'm afraid coz that's the extent of my knowledge on that one!! I don't get involved in the process so even the above could be complete cobblers!!

Ali

Hi Ali,

Although i'm not quite understand the flow but thanks for your feedback.

Thank you very much.

redloh
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff,

If you have SNMP enabled, have the router send traps on isdn events. It might help you bring some perspective to the dates/times that your being billed for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: