cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic wont pass on ASA 5520

mx
Level 1
Level 1

hi. I swapped out a pix 506e for an ASA, but built it from scratch instead of transferring the config. For some reason traffic wont seem to pass in or out of it, and I cant seem to figure it out. I attached the config.

I added a gateway of last resort to no avail, added a 'permit any any' on the inside interfaces for ip and tcp as a test, still nothing. I thought maybe I wasnt passing dns requests... Im stuck, so any tips will likely help :)

thanks!

bob

For what its worth, it seems I can ping thoughts out in the internet by addr but not by dns name, yet the dns servers in my dhcp pool are correct.

7 Replies 7

glen.messenger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have no translations happening. Try the following:

nat (inside) 1 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0

global (outside) 1 interface

Good luck.

Glen

Thanks Glen, I just added that, cant believe I missed that! However it didnt fix the problem. I also noticed that when I do a sho access-list Im getting a hit count of 0 on everything.

Hi,

Can you ping the inside interface of the ASA?

Glen.

Yes, I can. In fact I can even telnet to it and use ASDM.

Hi ... are you able to telnet to the inside interface of the ASA from an Internal device ..? .. if you can then make sure the default gateway for you inside hosts is pointing to the ASA's inside address. The below should give you access to Internet for any host on the 10.0.0.0 /24 range but you need to specify a DNS server for them .. you mihgt also need to type clear xlate after the below commands

nat (inside) 1 access-list Permit_All

global (outside) 1 interface

access-list Permit_All permit ip 10.0.0.0 255.255.255 any

Hi there. yes I can telnet to the inside address or anywhere else on the LAN just fine.

I seem to have fixed it. When using ASDM, and hitting apply, it doesnt seem to write the dhcp info correctly. I have to do the dhcpd entries from the cli. Very strange.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card