Views
Helpful
Replies

Translate Incoming Traffic

murphyw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

My question may seem a little strange but its only a temporary measure until we have moved our ISP Provision.

I am after NAT'ing incoming traffic (actually replacing the source address with the inside ip)

Here is an example;

Global (outside) 172.31.32.253

Nat (inside) 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 tcp 60000 1000

static (inside, outside) 172.31.32.10 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.255

The problem is that when traffic comes through 172.31.32.10 to the inside network, the source address is kept. This would normally work however we will need to run 2 ISP provision for a week while DNS is changed.

The default gateway on the servers are set to go down ISP A but while DNS starts to change over the Internet, some traffic could start to come over ISP B. The servers will send the request back down ISP A (which doesn't appear to be happy).

My thought was that if it could be NAT'd as the traffic came in, the return traffic would be sent to the Pix on ISP B and the flow would return correctly.

Can this be acheived ?

Hope it makes sense.

Wayne

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Your question is not very clear to me. Are you trying to do 'outside' NAT, so that the source addresses from the Internet are translated to an address range that is inside?

I think this link will help you.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/bafwcfg.htm#wp1113552