cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

trouble updating service pack on IDS MC

shawn.posthumus
Level 1
Level 1

I've just updated to version 4.0 and installed the latest software for IDS MC ver 1.1.1. I can not get the MC or sensors to upgrade to the latest service packs.

in Configuration->Updates->Update Network IDS Signatures, I choose IDS-K9-sp-4.0-2-S42.zip and click apply.

I recieve the following message:

Apply the IDS-K9-sp-4.0-2-S42.zip update to the Management Center.

Then I click Finish.

Imediately after that it bings me back to the apply button without having made any changes. Ive checked the Audit Log and nothing shows in there as well.

Ive also tried updating a test sensor I have, and it seems to skip step 2 (asking for passwd) and results in the same.

Any Ideas/hints would be appreciated...

Thanks.

Shawn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, next, I would delete the sensor and add it back in just to check and restart the connectivity and try the same update.

thanks,

Yatin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check the connection to the sensor by going to IDSMC-->Device--->Settings--->select the sensor in Object Selector, and Query the sensor. The screen should refresh and bring up the sensor details. Not prompting for the password seems to be normal. How much time did you wait after applying the SP and checking for the update? It takes about 10-15 mints on normal network loads.

Thanks

yatin

There is some information in the Audit Log this morning..

The update package provided appears to be corrupt, or permission was denied for reading the file. Please verify the update package contents and retry the operation.

I downloaded the zip again to make sure it wasnt corrupted, and am seeing the same results. I have it in the correct folder and there should not be any issues in reading the file.

Well, next, I would delete the sensor and add it back in just to check and restart the connectivity and try the same update.

thanks,

Yatin

Deleting/Adding the sensor seems to have done the trick,

Thanks

Shawn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: