Views
Helpful
Replies

trouble with Management center for cisco Security agents

bbasri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have VMS 2.2 with IDS MS and Security monitor and Pix MC , all work fine .

I have buy 2 licenece for cisco security server agents and i like to manage those 2 host IDS by Mangement center for CSA , i download it , i setup program , he ask me the licence , but i already upgrade licence of the VMS successufully , now when i try to lynuch my MC for CSA , i have message product licence for MC is invalid or has expired

How can do to resolve this problem ?????

Best regard

5 Replies 5

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Go to the \Program Files\CSCOpx\CSAMC\cfg and delete the 2 license files that are duplicates and re-import them. If that doesn't work delete all the .lic files and reimport them all. This will fix the problem.

Please remeber to rate any post that helps you out.

Hi

i try it , but i have the same problem

tomayer
Level 1
Level 1

VMS needs a licence to run and CSA MC also needs a different license to run.

With VMS, you bought either RESTRICTED or UNRESTRICTED and entered it in VMS.

the Licence for the CSA MC is a seperate licence that should have come with your order.

Enter the .lic file into the CSA MC.

HTH,

regards,

Tobias

I am having the same problem. I installed VMS with a 20 device Restricted license and that installed OK.

When I try to install the 100 client licenses and 6 server licenses, for CSA MC, is when it fails. It copies the license to the server but they never show up as being valid.

Are you saying there is an additional license that should have came with VMS for CSA MC? Is that sometihng you have to purchase when you order VMS?