Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubles with Cisco Security manager 3.3.0

Vadim Gavrilov
Level 1
Level 1

Troubles with Cisco Security manager 3.3.0

I've installed new copy of Cisco Security manager 3.3.0 on clear Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. No other services present. CSM worked normally. I leaved working CSM yesterday, but this morning  I couldn't log in with error "Authentication failed", although I'm sure that  credentials were good.
Investigating the event, I've found, that Tomcat logs grew up to 139 Gb till disk became completely full, and CSM really forgot my admin password.
Log was overflowed by one repeating message:

"[Mon Dec 07 15:06:40 YEKT 2009] CMFE - in clearUserMappedData after calling data
.clear()
******* In Broadcast. IllegalStateException raised. *******
In Broadcast. Exception occurred in listLoggedInUsers
In Broadcast. Exception occurred in listLoggedInUsers
..." and so on and on.

I've cleared the log file, but still couldn't log in. Then I've reset my password, and CSM continued to work properly.
Now all seems good, but I'm really wandered what can it be and what can I do to prevent this problem in the future.

2 Replies 2

ryan.turk
Level 1
Level 1

Have you made any progress with this? I have had what sounds like a similar issue when upgrading from 3.1.1sp2 to 3.2.2.

Keep us posted :-)

No progress, no news, no ideas about problem source.

Fortunatelly, issue didn't repeat.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: