Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Tunnel-Client-Endpoint in accounting records

I am using IOS 12.2(8)T and sending RADIUS accounting records to ACS 2.6. The records include the Tunnel-Client-Endpoint value, but ACS does not write it to records in the accounting file. Accounting debug on the router shows:

RADIUS: Tunnel-Client-Endpoi[66] 14 00:"x.x.x.x"

where x.x.x.x is the client address. Is there a bug in ACS or IOS that prevents this value from being displayed?

TIA

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Tunnel-Client-Endpoint in accounting records

If you go under System Configuration - Logging and select the Radius Accounting section, you can change the columns that are displayed in teh Radius Accounting log. You should see Tunnel-Client-Endpoint as one of the available columns, so add that in and you should see it in the log file from then on.

Note you won't see it for old log records, just new ones that come in from then on.

Re: Tunnel-Client-Endpoint in accounting records

The field is already displayed in the accounting log but ACS does not write a value into the field. I have recently been told by TAC that this is a "limitation" in the router that is being "worked on" (case D099200). I think it should be added to the bug list so it can be tracked but TAC seems reluctant to add it.

Views
Helpful
Replies