Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel negotiation forces PC to reboot

ekaram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have installed Cisco VPN client on my PC to connect to my company's network. The IT guy installed for me just like he usually does.

However, when I try to establish a connection the PC spontenously reboots during tunnel negotiation: i get a blue screen and it goes so fast that i do not have time to read before the pc is rebooting.

We tried conencting via cable, wireless, UMTS, nothing worked. The IT guy does not know and i desperatly need to connect to the network for an urgent project.

Could somebody help please?

13 Replies 13

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

did u try switching off to someother VPN client versions ? may be a higher version aval compared to the one being used or to a lower version..

regds

Hi

I am using v4.6.02.0011 just like the others in the company.

Do you know where i can download a previous or later version_

Hi

you can download the same from here but do remember that you need to have CCO login with necessary privileges to access/download from this location.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/windows

regds

Hi again

I followed the link and got the following message:

Windows VPN Clients

NOTE:

There are currently no files for this type.

Its strange coz it does shows me the different versions which i can download and make use of..

regds

just wondering if there is another vpn-like software being installed on the pc, as it may conflict with the cisco vpn client.

no there is no and there has never been another vpn client installed on the pc.

But there is for sure a conflict with something else. How to check what it is?

I have had the same issue ever since 4.6 and I am still having the problem intermittently. Sometimes it's a blue screen of death and sometimes it is a reboot. And then some times it wipes out my profiles.

I am currently using version 4.8.00.0440

same problem at work. we use ibm thinkpad

otbulldog
Level 1
Level 1

did you ever get a resolution to this?

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Try using client version: 4.0.1(Rel) - No problems with PC/Notebook re-booting!

HTH.

I just got my issue resolved, it was a setting dealing with my security suite from Charter. I just had to disable a service in the computer management.

Please describe your solution so that we can all benfit. I have the same problem running V4.6.00.0045 and Charter security suite.