cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnels not coming up

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to implement GRE tunnels for Site-to-Site VPN using routers. I am having problems getting this to work. My head-end router is currently behind my PIX firewall and I am using a static translation to publish it to the outside world. The traffic does not seem to be flowing properly though. I have turned on debugging, but I'm not seeing much at all. What types of traffic are to be allowed through the PIX to the router? I currently have conduits in the PIX to allow UDP eq ISAKMP, ESP, and GRE. Am I missing something?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I can post configs if desired.

3 Replies 3

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

Attached are some of the debug messages I am getting on the head-end router for ISAKMP if anyone can pinpoint the problem from this.

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

Attached are some of the debug messages I am getting on the head-end router for ISAKMP if anyone can pinpoint the problem from this.

I'm getting closer now. I had found another post in the VPN Security forums about allowing port UDP 4500 through the PIX and that has helped a little bit, but the tunnel is still not coming up. Here is the latest ISAKMP debug from the remote router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: