Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

uBR900 port filter

I have a uBR900 series cable access router that I use for home use and two machines, one strictly for gaming and one strictly for working. The work machine has very sensitive data on it which I'm absolutely paranoid about, thus I have all ports except port 80 blocked on my router. The problem is, my gaming machine gets disconnected all the time when the router shuts down the ports I am using to connect to other servers. Is there technology in the IOS firewall that will allow me to have all ports open for one IP address (the gaming machine) but all but port 80 closed for the second IP (the work marchine)?

It's been a problem that's been bugging me for quite some time.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: uBR900 port filter

I think this can be done using IOS Firewall Phase II feature set (the IOS Firewall Feature set has been enhanced, starting Cisco IOS Release 12.0(7)T), using the feature called Dynamic port mapping. You can open or close ports on a per-host basis. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/cable/ps2221/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cf61.html#xtocid11

Views
Helpful
Replies