cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uBR924 and VPN connection

andifur
Level 1
Level 1

I currently run Comcast for internet at home. I have a uBR924 configured as a router not a bridge. The only way I was able to get this to work though was using the cable-modem dhcp-proxy nat pool. this allowed for Comcast to give me a 10.x.x.x on the C0 and a routable IP on the loopback0 int.

However from the router I am not able to ping any external addresses.

I have the 3des IOS loaded on this and whated to know since I am running with the cable-modem dhcp-proxy nat pool enabled can I still use this as a VPN device? Does anyone have it working or know how to get it done. I need to connect to a 3005 concentrator.

If you can please provide a link for this type of config. I saw a couple of sample configs, but now since the public IP is on loopback 0 I wasnt sure if I could even get this to work or which interface to apply the vpn settings to.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

You can establish a VPN tunnel using an IP on a loopback interface. The usual condition that the interface (loopback in this case) be accessible still applies. Make sure that you can ping the loopback interface remotely. In addition, the IP address of the interace on which the crypto map is applied, is taken as the identity. You'll need to override this behaviour by using the command "crypto map local-address loopback .