cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access LAN on 871 EasyVPN Server

jonweinraub
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Cisco equipment, so am using the 871W Router for learning. I used the SDM to setup the Easy VPN Server.

I can connect no problem using the Cisco VPN Client. However once connected, I am unable to access any of the resources. If I ping 10.5.1.30, my printer, it times out.

If I monitor the terminal I don't see anything. Looking at the statistics in the client, I see encrypted packets but no decrypted packets. It appears the request is being sent through the tunnel but not reaching the 10.5.1.0/24 network.

Attached is my configuration, any help is appreciated!

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Follow the URL for the Easy VPN Server to 871 Easy VPN Remote Configuration Example http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080808395.shtml

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I wasnt able to see your config, the server is throwing errors, but when you set up the VPN for the remotes, did you setup a different pool of IP addresses for them? They should not be out of the same subnet of IP's.

ip local pool 10.5.2.1-10.5.2.254 netmask 255.255.25.0

I dont care too much for SDM since I have been using the CLI for over 10 years now. The SDM just confuses me. It is great however for troubleshooting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: