cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to access via VPN client @home wireless connection

meokeymeokey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the same laptop in office and home, using NIC and wireless individually.

In office, using NIC and obtain IP 3.x.x.x from DHCP.

At home, I obtain a private IP 192.168.x.x from my Linksys wireless router WRT54G, and access Internet via it. I put my laptop into DMZ. It works. Everything is nice when I surf.

When I need to connect to the Intranet of company, I have to run the Cisco VPN client 4.7.

Connection to VPN switch is OK, and I obtain the IP 3.y.y.y from DHCP. But that's all. I can't access any resource inside the company network except ping the IP address 3.y.y.y I obtained.

The VPN connect works well when I dial and bypass the wireless router. And I believe that I have enabled all protocol about VPN on the router and put the laptop into DMZ zone. What else ban the access?

2 Replies 2

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

On your company PIX add in config mode:

isakmp nat-traversal

Let me know if this helps and if does please rate post.

Jay

Thank you Jay.

Because it's a global setting (not only for me, but also many users will do), may I ask what is it for and why? and is there any potential issue to who is OK under current setting?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: