cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to browse network?

rockhoro
Level 1
Level 1

I have established a VPN connection via my 3015 and using the CISCO Client rev 3.6. I am able to connect without any problems but I am unable to browse the network. I am also unable to get naming to resolve correctly. I can ping all over the inside. Configuration is correct and I am wondering what I am missing??? The 3015 is behind a PIX 520 firewall.

Any suggestions would be of great help!

Thanks.

Ray Rockholt

4 Replies 4

raymong
Level 4
Level 4

If you have confirmed the configuration on the VPN device, be sure that the PIX Is allowing udp ports 137 and 138 (which is used for browsing in network neighborhood).

Thanks for your reply...

My PIX is set for:

Interface - Outside - UDP - any

Interface - Inside - xxx.xxx.xxx.x - any

AM I correct with this - or do I need to specify those ports directly.

Thanks - Ray

mark-neil
Level 1
Level 1

Ray,

The problem you describe sounds as if WINS (browsing the network) and DNS are not configured properly.

Please check the user group you are in on the 3015. The context is: Configuration | User Management | Groups. Looking at your group's general properties tab, insure that the proper DNS and WINS are configured.

I hope this fixes your problem.

What OS are you using for your end-user? Also, you might want to try and ping a hostname instead of a IP address on the inside network. This will insure you are properly resolving the names that are being used in your Windows domain. Also, you might want to take a look at your end-user lmhost file. Try inserting a host from your inside network into the lmhost file, and then try to access the system again.

Hope this helps.