Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unable to pass traffic from LAN computers out to Internet

I have a 3725 router running the IOS with IP/Firewall/IDS and ipsec 3des. I have never worked with this IOS before so will claim some mild ignorance right away. I have 4 T1's coming into the router connecting to the Internet. From the router, I can ping, telnet, and reach any address on the Internet. However, I cannot reach any addresses outside of my local network with a LAN computer. Everything just times out. Traces show nothing, not even hitting the gateway router. I have only set up one default gateway. Is this happening because of the firewall feature set built into the router IOS? I didn't think that I needed to set any rules up to allow traffic to flow out of the network. I would like to think this is an easy fix. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Unable to pass traffic from LAN computers out to Internet

Your correct, the firewall feature allows internal traffic out and corresponding replies back in, if configured correctly!

However the firewall dosent apply to traffic generated by the router, so this could explain why you can ping addresses from the router, but not from a PC. I'm assuming your PC has the inside address of the router as its default gateway.

Can you post up your config to have a closer look.

Re: Unable to pass traffic from LAN computers out to Internet

Actually the problem was me...hard to ping out to the internet if you don't set up NAT.

-K

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content