cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding how Networks are used

abraud
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Iam currently a student in a networking class, I am doing a lab project and need to know some information, I need to know how Cisco's network is configured, The networks Topology, Hardware, Operating System and Protocols - Please contact me by E-mail: Chinagirl88@aol.com - Thanking you in advance.

2 Replies 2

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

I assume you are trying to understand how Cisco Networks are setup, not how “Cisco’s network” is setup. The latter I’m sure is pretty confidential and dynamic. To start with understanding Cisco networks, read a book called “Internetworking Technologies Handbook” It's a good place to start(ISBN 1587050013)

faheyd
Level 1
Level 1

Try the following URL http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/index.htm . You could probably fill a book, just listing chapter titles. Just use Cisco's search engine for the 'topics' you need, like 'topology' and do a quick review, then pick what's important to you. The topology is Ethernet or ATM, the hardware is routers or switches, the Operating System is the Cisco IOS, and the protocols are numerous, TCP/IP, IPX, SNAP, SNMP, PPP, HDLC/SDLC, x.25.....etc. Try not to get deluged by the amount of information.