cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unexpected error; quitting

cptcrunch1b
Level 1
Level 1

I am a university student who desperately needs a solution to the unexpected error quitting message that pops up upon installation of clean access agent 4.1.3.1. The IT department has been unhelpful in this matter.

I running windows vista on a 64 bit laptop, which I suspect could be the problem. The laptop is also clean of any viruses, malware and spyware

5 Replies 5

mthrift_wsc
Level 1
Level 1

Check out: cleanaccess@listserv.muohio.edu/msg01101.html')">http://www.mail-archive.com/cleanaccess@listserv.muohio.edu/msg01101.html

Installing 3.5.4 of the agent, then manually installing the current version of the agent should update the agent properly and resolve this.

Let me know if it works out...

Mike.

Thanks but I've already seen the site and have no way of accessing 3.5.4, or the fix.cmd form

solution 2. To this point I've updated the bios,

looked for certificate errors, disabled windows defender,and other third party software along with making a new account but still no solution.

That's unfortunate, can't your IT department download 3.5.4 for you? What happens if you run the Clean Access executable as administrator... I just had this problem on a students laptop and the solution was (for vista):

Install 3.5.4, then 4.1.1 and let it upgrade.

Under the Cisco Clean Access executable compatibility properties check the box "Run As Administrator." When the user runs the agent UAC prompts the user "Allow or Deny" and the agent loads fine when allowed. One caveat to note is that you need to remove the agent from startup to prevent ugly UAC errors of blocked startup programs.

You might try running both the installer and the agent it self as administrator, right click and click on "run as administrator," this seems to behave differently even if you are an administrator user. I found that the first solution expressed in the aforementioned list post only worked after I was running the agent as administrator.

Let me know if that gets you anywhere...

Mike

downloading 3.5.4 was the first thing I asked my IT department to do, of course they refused. Hopefully showing them your message will convince them and if not I'll go straight to the department head.

finally got it to work, thanks for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: