Views
Helpful
Replies

Update notifications

ebbe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, some questions from Sweden :

The way I see it there are 3 ways to get info about new signatures .

1. URL = http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ids-appsens

2. URL = http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/779/largeent/

issues/security/idsnws/archive.html

3. E-mailnotification

Questions : Why does #1. today show IDS-sig.3.1-3-S39.bin

and #2 lags after with IDS 3.1(3)S34 ?

Why don´t I (and my colleagues) get any email-notifications even if we

have subscribed to the "Cisco IDS Active Update Notifications" a number of times !?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

#1(posting) is where official releases get posted.

#3 (emails) should be used to notify users that something has been posted to #1

We try to have #3 happen within a few hours of #1, but depending on people's schedules and the urgency of the update, the email may wind up being sent the next day.

If you are not receiving the emails: Please login into the following site with your email address as a Returning Member and check your profile. (Note this profile is different than the CCO profile entries and may have a different password. If you just enter your email address your password will be mailed to you). You need to log all the way in and check the bottom to see if the action is checked as Subscribe.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/it/ids_news/subscribe.html

Another thing to try is on the page above just enter your email address and click on "Forgot password?" . You should receive an email with your password. I recommend doing this just to ensure that the tool can send an email to the address you've typed in. I know that when the update gets sent out that their are several email addresses that get bounced back as undeliverable. Do the above to ensure that your address isn't one being bounced back.

#2 (archives) should be updated with the same email that got sent out to users subsribed to #3. Unfortunately the archive site has not been updated since S34. I talked with the team and they are working to get the archive updated and keep it updated for future notifications.

This archive site will be a few days behind #1 (posting), and #3 (emails), but should not be the multiple weeks behind that it is now.

Marco

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

#1(posting) is where official releases get posted.

#3 (emails) should be used to notify users that something has been posted to #1

We try to have #3 happen within a few hours of #1, but depending on people's schedules and the urgency of the update, the email may wind up being sent the next day.

If you are not receiving the emails: Please login into the following site with your email address as a Returning Member and check your profile. (Note this profile is different than the CCO profile entries and may have a different password. If you just enter your email address your password will be mailed to you). You need to log all the way in and check the bottom to see if the action is checked as Subscribe.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/it/ids_news/subscribe.html

Another thing to try is on the page above just enter your email address and click on "Forgot password?" . You should receive an email with your password. I recommend doing this just to ensure that the tool can send an email to the address you've typed in. I know that when the update gets sent out that their are several email addresses that get bounced back as undeliverable. Do the above to ensure that your address isn't one being bounced back.

#2 (archives) should be updated with the same email that got sent out to users subsribed to #3. Unfortunately the archive site has not been updated since S34. I talked with the team and they are working to get the archive updated and keep it updated for future notifications.

This archive site will be a few days behind #1 (posting), and #3 (emails), but should not be the multiple weeks behind that it is now.

Marco