cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to PIX 6.31

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have PIX 525 and I would like to upgrade from v. 6.1 to 6.31.

I have the following questions:

1- In loading the image from the tftp to flash I get the following error:

WARNING: TFTP download incomplete!

Received 512 bytes.

No PIX image found in downloaded file.

Image not installed.

What does it mean?

2- How can I upgrade the PDM? I have now version 1.1, is this compatoble with PIX IOS 6.31?

3- Is this 6.31 stable? If I should downgrade back to v. 6.1 would be in trouble because I don't have the 6.1 image, where can I get it???

many thanks in advance

regards

Silvia

3 Replies 3

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Answers to your question (at least I hope :-)

1. This can have several reasons. But I guess that the image you are trying to install got damaged. Try downloading a new copy from the cisco website. If it is still not working, then try another tftp server.

2. To upgrade the PDM: download it from the cisco website (smartnet contract needed) and use the following command to install it:

"copy tftp flash:pdm"

I think the PDM for 6.3 is still in beta.

3 You can download al the images from the cisco website (smartnet contract needed). Downgrading should not be a problem if all the commands in the config are 6.1 compatible (= supported in 6.1). I am using the 6.31 at home and I seems pretty stable. But it is still an ED (early Deployment) version.

Regards,

Tom

I had the same problem and it was the "copy tftp flash" command, I didnt put the ":pdm" at the end... After that it worked. Thanks for the post.

Louis

Not related to the problems posed in the original post, but: I'm running 6.3(1) and the beta version of PDM that's associated with it on the 535 platform and both software versions are sweet! 6.3(1) supports creation of logical interfaces (vlans) and the Home page for the PDM release has some nice monitoring features on it. I'm having some problems with failover, but not sure if it's code-related.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card