Helpful
Replies

Upgraded to 12.4-9.T2 & 12.4-11.T and there is no NTP Syntax

scottstarost
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ran into this as well?

Is there a different/new command?

The I am using ntp to synch the time for all syslogs.

I posted in the network infrastructure as well.

3 Replies 3

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott,

NTP is available in 12.4(11)T. What is the platform you are doing the testing.

Is the router configured for AAA, if so does the username/pw that you are using have sufficient access to make configuration changes.

Regards,

Arul

I am deploying 11T on 851/871's.

The IOS full name is: c850-advsecurityk9-mz.124-11.T.bin

I do have AAA and a user with privilege level 15.

I can post the config if you feel it is necessary. I also am interested in testing you thoery. I am planning on consoling into one of the router tonight when I am onsite.

So you are using 11T? What platform? And, you see the ntp syntax when you issue a ? within the command prompt?

Scott,

Since you are using 851's, please use SNTP.

Cisco 800 Series Router Clock?CSCdp09409

To run IP Security (IPSec) successfully, the Cisco 800 series router clock needs to be set accurately. Cisco 800 series router clocks are set and maintained using Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP). For best results, set up a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server to periodically send time information messages to Cisco 800 series routers. See the SNTP configuration and command reference documentation for configuration instructions. If you do not have an NTP server, you must reset the Cisco 800 series router clock using the clock set command each time you restart the router.

Please refer the below URL for details:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124relnt/xprn124t/124tfeat.htm#wp1126786

Command to conifgure SNTP:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124tcr/tnm_r/nmg_06ht.htm#wp1162336

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: