cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded to PIX 7.1(2) and have major VoIP problems

Brian M
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 515 at a hub site connected via L2L VPN to a small office. I recently had to upgrade the PIX to 7.1(2) so I can use the Hub-Spoke-Client enhancements but ever since the upgrade I have problems at the small office where the IP phones keep saying Call Manager Down, or they simply disconnect and sit at the registering screen. I never lose connectivity to the hub site and the ping response times are around 30 - 50ms. If I reboot the PIX the phones will stay up for about 50 minutes then it starts all over again. When the phones are down I can still transfer large files to the site and other network services are working normally it's only the phones that seem to be having the problem.

If I replace the PIX with one running 6.3 everything works fine.

Don't know if anyone else has run into this but any advice is welcome.

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

This is in deed a strange behavior. Double check your access-list on the PIX to make sure the required ports are open and also if any "fixup" protocol commands for VoIP traffic. If all is fine, this could be a bug.

Hi all

I have the same problem

did someone solv this

Best Regards

I ended up applying QOS to the PIX (PIX 7 supports voice QOS) and that seems to have fixed the problem. I haven't had any complaints about the phones dropping since then.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card