Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading a 1841 to AdvSecurity IOS

Carlo Zaina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I wish to deploy on a 1841 router (32 MB Flash/128 MB DRAM) the ADVSECURITY IOS.

For what i've seen, it needs a memory upgrade: i have decided to extend it to 128 MB flash and 384 MB DRAM (the max available).

I have noticed however there are 2 possible modules to upgrade the RAM: MEM180X-128U384D and MEM180X-256D=. What's is the right module i have to purchase for the the router? What is the difference between them?

And for the flash?

Thank you anticipately

C

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

MEM180X-128U384D is what you're looking for. The part number indicates that this is an upgrade from 128Mb to 384Mb. The other part no would seem to be a 256Mb module. It's possible that there's no actual difference between them, but it's always best to order the upgrade kit.

In terms of flash, it's just a 128Mb compact flash card you need. I'm not sure what the Cisco part number will be.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

cleidh_mor
Level 1
Level 1

MEM180X-128U384D is what you're looking for. The part number indicates that this is an upgrade from 128Mb to 384Mb. The other part no would seem to be a 256Mb module. It's possible that there's no actual difference between them, but it's always best to order the upgrade kit.

In terms of flash, it's just a 128Mb compact flash card you need. I'm not sure what the Cisco part number will be.

HTH