Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading PIX 520 5.2(3) to 6.3 IOS Question

I want to use the latest ios and pdm on my pix. I saw and have a document covering the process, but i wanted to outline it here and see what folks think.

1) Back up current config and ios image to tftp server

2) Copy new ios from tftp server to pix

Now at this point, will it use the same configuration, or have some changes been made that I should look out for? Any advice would be very helpful!

Thanks!

-mike

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Upgrading PIX 520 5.2(3) to 6.3 IOS Question

Hello Mike,

Before you upgrade, just do a "write mem" to make sure that you have a copy of the running config to start up. Then once you are done with the re-image, you will have the same config as before, from your part, you don't have to do anything.

Thanks,

Mynul

Re: Upgrading PIX 520 5.2(3) to 6.3 IOS Question

Thanks for the info! Sounds fairly straightforward then, I'll post back with my experience. One other question, in regard to installing/using the pdm. From my understanding, I need to copy the bin image to flash memory for the pdm, then set in the configuration file to use the pdm. The example documentation uses the setup command to implement pdm. Is there another way, aka just adding a line or two to the config?

Thanks!!

mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content