cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent help needed (also Posted in Firewalling)

ladiver
Level 1
Level 1

I am in need of urgent assistance and hopefully someone here can help me out.

I currently have a network with all Cisco equipment less the Firewall which is a SonicWall Pro200.

The firewall went down last night and I have been strugling to get it back up. I have been unsuccessful to this point and SW support is no good.

I need help in getting a new Cisco firewall in the next 24 hours. I must be up and running by 7:00am PST Monday.

Are their any recommendations for a basic firewall that supports VPN and DMZ? I have a pretty small network with 100 users and 7 servers. I need to have VPN access for about 10 of them and also MS Exchange Web access through OWA. We currently have a T1 for data, but we are looking at increasing that to a fractional T3 with about 10 Mbps.

Will any of the firewalls do for me, or is there a minimum that I must go with?

How is the 24/7 support from Cisco?

If anyone is familiar with the Pro200 fro SonicWall, that is the level of device I am looking for.

Thank you all for you assistance.

Jeff

1 Reply 1

timkaye
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I would be suggesting the PIX506E.

With the right infrastructure, you can build a DMZ interface by creating a virtual interface.

That said it is a limiting firewall for scalability, in which case for a few extra $$'s the 515E is perfect as you can add interfaces, failover etc etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: