Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent Help - Please Reply

rania20052006
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have here in my company 25 Cisco Switch 3560 .

as i know, i will configure the Switch with the Basic configuration like Hostname & IP-Address - & Gateway.

My 2 question is :-

1- if i configure the switch with the Basic Configuration like IP-Address & Subnet mask & So on , where its saved on the Switch Exactly ?

2- instead of have the 25 Switch in-front of me , and assign each switch his configuration like IP-Address & all the Things, is there any way to copy the Configurations from the switch which i configured on the Text file & then on each switch i will modify the Text file which include the configuration for that switch ( New configuration ) & then apply to that switch ( the New one ) ?

if i can do like that , can i & HOW CAN I DO IT , PLEASE HELP ME BY WRITING THE COMMAND WHICH I NEED TO FOLLOW IT ?

Thanks .

Rania.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you can copy the config of one of the configured switches and then edit it and finaly copy that lines to the new unconfigured switch.

That how probably most people configure their switches, routers and PIX firewalls.

To your question where the config is saved on the switch, the is a Read-writable chip in each equipment called NV-RAM.

in command line:

enable

# Enter in enable mode

sh running-config

# shows the running (live) config

sh startup-config

#shows the config stored in NVRAM

# copy paste the config in hyperterminal

conf terminal

# copy paste the config lines

exit

write mem