Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

URL Filtering with 2620

What i am trying to do is have Url filtering with websense. The problem i have if you look at the diagram provided is the 3620 is not under my control so i cannot implement URL filtering on thas to be the same that box. The other problem is that i cannot use the PIX for the connection to the frame relay 3620 because the ip addressing scheme on the inside and the outside 192.168.8.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24. So the goal is to allow the training PC's out to the internet through the firewall and also allow them to the frame relay network. And to monitor both the Training PC and the internal users with web sense. So what i am going to try is point the training pc's to the Pix's as the default gateway and have a static route on the pix pointing to the 2620 for reaching the frame relay cloud. The other users i am going to point their default gateway to the 2620 which has only one Fast ethernet with both internal networks on the interface. Now my question is when i implement the Websense on the 2620 on with one interface and both ip addresses with the packets coming on one one interface will this hit the back plane of the router and get to the URL filtering before going back out the same interface to the default gateway of the 3620?

Thanks

for the help

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: URL Filtering with 2620

I am not too sure if it would work that way. You would need two interfaces one for incoming and the other for outgoing if filtering has to happen. Take a look at the working in the link given below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide09186a0080146556.html

Views
Helpful
Replies