Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

URL problem with PIX & Websense

We are having a problem with a set of URLs which will not display properly in an Microsoft IE 5 or 6 browser when Web Sense is turned on.

We have found several strange workarounds, but these are not solutions for us:

1)The pages will display properly with other browsers (like Opera) with Web Sense on.

2)The pages will display properly with IE5 or IE6 if Web Sense is off.

3)The pages will display properly if a space or / is inserted after a particular part of the URL.

4)The pages will display properly if the www.sitename.com/xxx is replaced with //IP address/xxx.

One of the URLs is shown below:

http://prdbasis.cga.state.ct.us/BASIS/TSAMDHP/LIN1/AMD/DDW?W%3DDOCUMENT_TEXT+PH+IS+%27money%27+ORDER+BY+%24RANK/Descend%26M%3D2%26K%3D1993HB-06605-R00HC-AMD.HTM%26R%3DY%26U%3D1%26DBVL%3D/BASIS/TSAMDHP/LIN1/AMD/2%2C/BASIS/TSAMLHP/LIN1/AMD/0%2C/BASIS/T...

The particular URLs are about 900-1000 characters long. We investigated PIX settings to allow longer URL lengths (over 1100) characters, but these did not allow the page to display properly.

We also tried doing a filter except on the PIX to exclude the particular URL, but this does not work either, since the URL is generated by search software and changes each time significantly enough that the except doesn't work.

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: URL problem with PIX & Websense

I have two ideas:

1. Have you tried exceptions by IP address? That usually worked before I upgraded to 6.2(2).

2. Upgrade to 6.2(2). Once we did that all of our URL problems went away.

Kevin

Community Member

Thanks.

Community Member

I had a similar problem. My problem was solved by using the "allow longurl-truncate" option on the end of my "filter url" statement.

Community Member

will give it a try. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content