cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user loses connectin to private network when logged into VPN

hinesd
Level 1
Level 1

I have a doctor who uses the VPN from two offices. (DSL/Cable). He is runnig WIN2K at both.

Both offices have private networks. When he is looged into the VPN, he loses the ability to use his own network. I am assuming this is due to the VPN issued IP address. Is there a way around this?

Maybe instal a second NIC in the server, and use it for the private side?

3 Replies 3

bill.barnes
Level 1
Level 1

you need to verify that the vpn device and software running on it supports split tunnelling. the device should be configured in the user or groups section to tunnel only traffic to the remote location - this is configured by the network lists and then selecting the list you want to tunnel.

Why does the network adapter and the TCP/IP stack disappear after installing CiscoSecure VPN Client on a Win 98 client?

After installing the CiscoSecure VPN Client and rebooting the Win98 system the LAN network adapter and all the setting in the TCP/IP stack disappear. When we try to recover them, the CiscoSecure icon/status is deactivated. Hence they cannot seem to work at the same time. Is there a workaround here?

Do you have any other network driver software loaded such as a PPoE stack for DSL?

I have seen cases under 98 and 98SE where the Cisco clients are not compatible.

My experience was with the v2 and v3 of the VPN 3000 client and the WinPoET PPPoE stack. Just not compatible. Caused the network control panel to act strangely.

The Enternet client is the only PPPoE client that I have found under 98 that will work with the Cisco clients.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: