cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User management

gaban
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 3015 concentrator for our VPN. The way it is set up is our users authenticate to either a NT domain or a Secure ID radius server. Is there a way to limit user access via a third party software or cisco software. I know I can creat groups and use that for the client. But If I have 100's of users accessing different servers and PC I would have to create 100's ofdifferent groups. Is there an easier way.

It would have been easier if we just created internal users and added them to the groups but in our case we are using external authentication.

1 Reply 1

awaheed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gaban,

You can have a Radius server and have different users be part of different groups on that and then define what access each user can have on the domain. I am not sure if the NT Domain servers/SDI Servers provide that functionality, the Cisco ACS NT does provide that and you can still use your exisiting user database on NT or SDI servers as the Radius can go and authenticate using an External database aswell.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc,

CCIE#8933

-=-=-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: