cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a Cisco client behind a Sonicwall firewall

andeeeeuk
Level 1
Level 1

I am wanting to use my cisco client 3.5 to access an authentication server on our customers network for administration duties.

I am using client 3.5 going through a Sonicwall Pro 300 firewall set for NAT and connecting to a 3005 concentrator which then authenticates the user via a a Radius Server.

I am able to authenticate from the client but am unable to use terminal services,vnc,telnet or even ping the destination server.

Where as when I use a dial-up connection via 3rd Party ISP I can authenticate and access the Radius server via terminal services etc etc.

I looked at the Sonicwall firewall to see if ipsec passthrough was available but unable to find it.

I find it strange that I can authenticate (establishing the tunnel) on my internal lan, but no do anything else.

I am assuming it has something to do with the sonicwall.

here is the path i am trying to achieve.

Cisco client-sonicwall-3005 concentrator-cygberguard firewall-authentication server.

Thanks in advance

Andy

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Refer to the document at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn-net-hood.html. A number of problem associated with accessing network resources when connected via the VPN client are discussed there including the problem you are now facing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: