cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using an access-group in an access-list statement

3msands
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use access-groups in my access lists and I keep getting an error the general format is as follows

access-list acl_in permit ip host 10.10.12.5 object-group bkup object-group legato

I get an error stating extra-argument(s)

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Impossible for us to tell the problem without seeing how you've configured the bkup and legato object-groups.

Make sure you follow http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/pix_obj_grp.html and see how you go, if you're still having problems please at least show us the individual object groups you've configured and EXACTLY what error you're getting.

I think I've figured it out. It appears that the pix dosen't like me using "ip" for protocol. If I define the access list using tcp or udp it is fine. Not sure why I'm seeing this behavior but at least I have a work around.

If "object-group legato" is a service-type group, then you definately have to specify either tcp or udp, since that is exactly what you're telling the PIX. You can't have an access-list that includes TCP/UDP ports and then just say that's an IP access-list.