cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Cisco Client behind a Sonicwall firewall

andeeeeuk
Level 1
Level 1

I am wanting to use my cisco client 3.5 to access an authentication server on our customers network for administration duties.

I am using client 3.5 going through a Sonicwall Pro 300 firewall set for NAT and connecting to a 3005 concentrator which then authenticates the user via a a Radius Server.

I am able to authenticate from the client but am unable to use terminal services,vnc,telnet or even ping the destination server.

Where as when I use a dial-up connection via 3rd Party ISP I can authenticate and access the Radius server via terminal services etc etc.

I looked at the Sonicwall firewall to see if ipsec passthrough was available but unable to find it.

I find it strange that I can authenticate (establishing the tunnel) on my internal lan, but no do anything else.

I am assuming it has something to do with the sonicwall.

here is the path i am trying to achieve.

Cisco client-sonicwall-3005 concentrator-cygberguard firewall-authentication server.

Thanks in advance

Andy

2 Replies 2

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Is the nat traversal feature enabled on the 3005? That will wrap the ipsec packets in udp to work behind NAT.

Thanks for the response.

So I am assuming that Nat traversal does not need to be enabled for the authentication phase as I am able to do this.