Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Using Trend AV with NAC

Hi All,

I hope someone con help me!

I have setup NAC II on our network and have got it running without any trouble using Internal Policies on the ACS server.

I am now trying to set it up to use an external validation server, Trend AntiVirus. I have setup the OfficeScan server with a Policy Server and followed the instructions, as well as configuring the ACS server as per the Trend instructions. The two issues I have is I need a Trend Attribute Definition File to import to the ACS server. I am also running into trouble in the 'failed authentication' log, which keeps saying "Could not communicate with external policy server - authentication error". I have not entered a username in the setup as none were specified whtn installing the policy server.

ANY IDEAS, as this is killing me!

Thanks,

Cam

3 REPLIES

Re: Using Trend AV with NAC

Cam,

Regarding the authentication issue, when I installed the Trend Policy server (OSCE v7.0) I installed it separately and was prompted for the ACS admin user name and password.

To install separately do the following:

a. Go to the \output\PolicyServer directory of

the OfficeScan setup package.

b. Copy the Policy Server setup files.

c. Run setup.exe.

Regards

Pradeep

Hi

I'm in the same boat as you, I've got internal posture working with Trend, but I can't seem to get the Policy server working properly. Can you forward me the link for the Trend instructions on how to set this up, I can't seem to find them anyplace and they wont offer support since I'm only testing this with their trial. Thanks

Jason

Hi,

I have same problems. Who could help me to download a Trend Attribute Definition File to import to the ACS server.

Views
Helpful
Replies