Helpful
Replies

Using Trend AV with NAC

cammaher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hope someone con help me!

I have setup NAC II on our network and have got it running without any trouble using Internal Policies on the ACS server.

I am now trying to set it up to use an external validation server, Trend AntiVirus. I have setup the OfficeScan server with a Policy Server and followed the instructions, as well as configuring the ACS server as per the Trend instructions. The two issues I have is I need a Trend Attribute Definition File to import to the ACS server. I am also running into trouble in the 'failed authentication' log, which keeps saying "Could not communicate with external policy server - authentication error". I have not entered a username in the setup as none were specified whtn installing the policy server.

ANY IDEAS, as this is killing me!

Thanks,

Cam

3 Replies 3

pmajumder
Level 3
Level 3

Cam,

Regarding the authentication issue, when I installed the Trend Policy server (OSCE v7.0) I installed it separately and was prompted for the ACS admin user name and password.

To install separately do the following:

a. Go to the \output\PolicyServer directory of

the OfficeScan setup package.

b. Copy the Policy Server setup files.

c. Run setup.exe.

Regards

Pradeep

jasonhumes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm in the same boat as you, I've got internal posture working with Trend, but I can't seem to get the Policy server working properly. Can you forward me the link for the Trend instructions on how to set this up, I can't seem to find them anyplace and they wont offer support since I'm only testing this with their trial. Thanks

Jason

anhtu.sgctt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have same problems. Who could help me to download a Trend Attribute Definition File to import to the ACS server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card