Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using VPN to run scripts

Does anyone know of a way to have a script run only after the vpn connection has been established. Looking to use this as an alternative to a log on script. I have been told that Microsoft's connection manager can do this. Is Cisco able to do the same?

4 REPLIES

Re: Using VPN to run scripts

After the VPN client connects, one can enable the application launcher in the client to excute an application or command like a logon script. Hope this helps. Willie Lee

It appears that the application launcher is likely to try to launch an application before connecting as well as after- Does anyone know how to make the application launcher ensure that the connection has been established before launching the application.

As a sidebar- does anyone know how to configure the NT option to 'Log on using Dial-up Networking' to launch the VPN dialer software?

Here's one way around this issue.

I have a Windows login script called login.exe that I want to run after the VPN tunnel is up. I created the following batch file and have the VPN client configured to autolaunch it.

echo off

cd\program files\login

cls

echo Please wait until VPN connection is complete

echo Then press the Enter Key to continue

echo Plese wait for login script to process

pause >null

login.exe

echo

echo

end

When you start the VPN client, a CMD window opens and displays the echo comments in the batch file. The pause >null statement makes the batch file stop and wait until you press the enter key. Once you finish your VPN connection, press Enter and the batch file calls login.exe and runs the login script. When the login script completes, it closes the CMD window.

I hope this helps.

-Ray

Ray-

Thanks for the batch file. I will try it out in our environment.

Erich

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content