Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VLANS on PIX

Is there a way around this? I have to basically assign an IP/subnet just for failover for each interface I want to use as vlans.

I have 2 pix 515E fw v6.3(4) in lan based failover mode.

5 physical interfaces.

state (failover)

indside

outside

dmz

dmz2

I have 4 vlans, 2 each configured on the dmz ints.

Do you need to use the physical command on the interface given this topology? If not why do I keep receiving messages that my ip address is not configured or failover ip is not configured. This occurs when I do not assign an IP to the phiysical port but do I assign it to the logical and failover is enabled. also I do ot believe these interfaces will be in failover mode unless I use the physical command when using vlans. It seems like I have to us the physical and assign an IP for each physical int.

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: VLANS on PIX

The maximum number of interfaces on the PIX with is 10, being them a combination up to a total of 6 physical interfaces and 4 VLANs or any combination adding up to 10.

In versions 6.3(4) and 6.3(5) (only 2 version on the 6.x train that support VLANs) the maximum VLAN interfaces are 8.

Try this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/config/bafwcfg.htm#wp1113411

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content