cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.2 Security Monitor DB Backups Fail

patricko
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having no success backing up the Security Monitor DB (idsmdc.db & idsmdc.log)through the CiscoWorks GUI. I get the following errors - The backup failed because the DB is in use by another user. Try again at another time or The database could not be validated. No info is available in the backuplog. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

POB

2 Replies 2

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

The following URL has a step by step process on taking backup check it out,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/comser22/usrguide/admin.htm#1014287

lwierenga
Level 1
Level 1

Two bugs you may want to look at:

CSCds75572 - CiscoWorks database grows too quickly

If you haven't been able to backup DB for some time and you are susceptible to this bug then the DB may have grown to large and/or corrupted.

CSCdp48276 - Essentials cannot backup to network drive. Or, you are susceptible to this bug and this error message is an anomoly of this bug?

Al in all it sounds like the DB is corrupted. Can you shutdown all VMS services I believe under RME>>administration>>process management>>stop processes>>choose "system">>ok, then do the same to restart processes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: