cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.2

danallison
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know when applications for VMS will be released that will work on Solaris 2.8. IDS MC is the main one I need.

Thanks,

Dan

5 Replies 5

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Dan,

CiscoWorks VPN/Security Management Solution 2.2 and associated minor release update kits will start shipping June 13, 2003. You can purchase these new products through regular sales channels beginning May 12, 2003.

Please refer to the following link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2330/prod_bulletin09186a008017dc68.html

Thanks,

Mynul

Any idea if the upgrade for customers with vms 2.1 is available as a download or purchase only? Also, will the 2.2 version have more string parameters such as signature id's, signature names, source address, destination address, etc. for email alerts?

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good news and bad news....

Upgrade from vms2.1 is free. There are no changes yet committed as for the email infromation on the signatures. Its on the roadmap.

Thanks,

yatin

If e-mail notification is on the roadmap how come the script that worked before for 3.x sensors no longer work for 4.x sensors. The responce I got from TAC "remove the 4.0 sensors from VMS, then prune the database of 4.0 sensor events and then try to create an email notification from just the 3.0 sensors" Is this the only way to get alerts to work on VMS. I am also considering of upgrading to IDSM-2 and then I will not be able to get e-mail alerts at all. What is the roadmap for Cisco to support 4.x sensor e-mail notification in VMS.

Please follow the forum thread "Alerts via email in IDS MC" for the details.

Unfortunately, the timeframe for the 4.0 email notification has not been declared yet.

Please have your Cisco Account team push this so that there is more pressure to get this in place.

We are doing all we can to get this available at the earliest.

Thanks,

yatin