cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS lost signatures upon sig update

mjuckett
Level 1
Level 1

I updated my 4235 today with 3.1(4)S53 and S54 through VMS. I didn't watch VMS closely between updates so I'm not sure which update did it; I just verified on the sensor that S53 was installed and then pushed out S54. In VMS that sensor lost its signature list. Under General I showed 0 of 0 signatures. It still showed custom and the rest but the General was empty.

I looked there to turn off the Nachi signature that had just come out as the sensor sits outside the firewall and was recording about 1,000 signatures a minute. I manually turned off the signature in packetd.conf to stop the spam. I then deleted the sensor from VMS and re-imported it successfully.

This is the only 3.1(4) sensor I have. The others are blades and 4.1(1). I'm not sure what caused this but I thought I would post to get feedback to see if this happened to anyone else.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Sounds like you and the guy from this post have kind of the same issue. I haven't noticed it yet. http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.eea1bbb

Eric

sends